Skip to content ↓


What if my child needs medication?

All children will need medication from time to time. We are happy to administer prescribed medicine which needs to be administered 4 times a day or more. When this is the case, you will need to complete a form giving details of the drug and frequency of doses. All medication should be clearly labelled and brought by an adult to the office.

What if my child suffers from asthma?

If your child suffers from asthma, all inhalers and other related medication should be brought and kept in the designated area in the classroom.

What if my child has a serious allergy?

If your child suffers from an allergy and requires an epipen, you must notify the office.

Staff in school are trained to use epipens in case of emergency. Your child’s photo and details will be displayed in the office with clear instructions on how to deal with such emergencies.

What if my child has an accident at school?

In the event of a minor injury, your child will be treated by a qualified first aider and you will receive a phone call giving details of the injury and the treatment.

For more serious injuries, your child may need to be taken to hospital. It is vitally important that we have your correct telephone number and the names of other emergency contacts in case we are not able to reach you.

If we are unable to contact you, we shall assume parental responsibility, take your child to hospital for treatment and continue to try to make contact with you.

For Medication Policies see our Policies Page